As 2014 comes to a close, the men of Chubstr have put their heads together to come up with the ultimate gift guide. Perfect for every (and any) man in your life.
Editor in Chief
1. Willoughby Cologne from Ursa Major ($40) – It smells like the best of the great outdoors, it’s all-natural and it’s unisex (don’t worry, it’s not sweet or flowery – it smells like the woods). The 10ml glass rollerball is very handy, and the scent stays with you all day – which most colognes don’t do for me. http://www.ursamajorvt.com/products/willoughby-cologne
2. The Ultimate American Sock ($25) – Yes, $25 is more than you pay for your gym socks, but they’re not made with bison down, are they? These super soft socks will keep your feet warm in the most frigid of conditions even though they’re durable and made to last. I’ve put them to the test against the rainy Norcal winter, and they kept my feet warm and dry after 4 hours outdoors. Did I mention how good they look?
You can get them for $25 by getting in on United By Blue’s Kickstarter Campaign & get them in time for Christmas: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/brianlinton/the-ultimate-american-sock-made-from-bison-wool
4. The North American Whiskey Guide from Behind the Bar: Real Bartenders’ Reviews of More Than 250 Whiskeys ($15.66 print / $8.99 kindle) – The pros review them all so you don’t have to. Not only will you learn the difference between Bourbon, Malt and Rye, you’ll also be able to identify the best whiskeys in each category. Once you’ve chosen the perfect bottle, you can use the recipes in the book to make a tasty cocktail for you and your friends. It’s a win-win.
1. Lands’ End Performance Fine Gauge Zip Cardigan ($74) – Nothing says Christmas like a sweater. This zip up cardigan will keep its shape well thanks to its savvy fabric blend. With sizes up to 5X it’ll fit most any guy. For only $6 more, add his monogram to make it extra personal. Take 40% off your order with Code: SNOWMAN & PIN: 1714
2. Cape Codder Beachwood Sunglasses ($84 & FREE Expedited Shipping) – Inspired by one of my favorite places in the world, Cape Codder sunglasses are handcrafted from sustainable wood. A unique take on a classic shape, these bad boys are definitely beach ready.
3. Graze Box (FREE then $6.99) –It’s a delicious snack surprise delivered to your desk on a weekly (or bi-weekly) basis. You go through the site and tell them what you like & they take care of the rest. Best of all snacks are non GMO, contain no artificial colors or flavors, and are high fructose corn syrup free. Get Your Free Box Here: https://www.graze.com/us/p/PV63LFRXU
1. Capresso Café a la carte ($179.99) – This machine brings together two of the most popular trends in coffee makers—single serve and carafe style. Perfect for when you have a crowd, or a quiet Sunday morning alone. Plus, it’s damn pretty too.
2. TSUBO Shoes (KODY pictured. $220) – This dapper shoe embodies elevated style and is ready to move at the speed of modern life. The updated saddle shoe oxford is loaded with advanced comfort technology for style and comfort.
3. FUGOO Tough Bluetooth Speaker ($229.99) – Crafted from fiber-reinforced resin and solid aluminum, this little speaker is ready for anything. It has 40 hours of battery life and is Siri & Google Plus compatible.
1. Cardboard iPad Tv Stand ($30) – Take something modern (your iPad) and pop it in this recycled cardboard retro style TV stand. Perfect for your night stand or the perfect airplane conversation piece.
2. Moment Lens ($99) – Pick from Wide Lens and Tele Lens to take your iPhone photos from typical to professional quality. With edge to edge clarity and no distortion, this is the perfect gift for the budding photographer in your life.
3. Amazon Echo ($99 or $199) – This voice controlled device hears you from across the room to tell you the weather, news, play your music and more. It’s one step close to that Star Trek living I’ve always wanted.
4. Kent Beard and Moustache Comb ($5.50) – The least expensive and most important gift for the bearded man on your list. This little comb fits in your pocket and is perfect for touching up your beard on the go.